Well, as most of you know, I am still unemployed and searching. I've had two or three interviews but nothing concrete has come up as of yet. Truth be told, I'm getting tired of looking for jobs. I don't have any real idea of where God wants me to go or what He wants me to do. I'm not sure where to look or what to do. But I'm confident God isn't going to jump ship on me now.
Things aren't that bleak though. I do have some options. I applied for a program assistant job at TechMission (where Miki works) in Boston. I had a phone interview with them last Friday but they have yet to get back to me. However, my parents don't want me to go back to Boston. They don't believe I would survive on what I would earn. Having done the calculations, I am 99% sure they're wrong. But since TechMission hasn't made an offer yet, there's no point in arguing now. I'll save that for when/if I need it.
I've also had an interview with Bloomberg L.P. for a financial software developer position. Originally, I thought they weren't interested. Turns out that an e-mail they sent to me for a follow-up interview was sent to my spam folder. Lucky for me that they called me. Twice. I now have another interview next week Thursday at 10AM. I'm not sure how I feel about this job yet. I'd have to go through training that would consist of three semesters worth of material squished into one. Not that I'm not up to the challenge but I think you all know how I feel about classes. Still, it would keep me in NYC which keeps my parents satisfied and would have much better pay than TechMission. Well, again, no job offer so no worrying for now.
A third possibility is a computer training class that would help me get Comptia A+ certification (I don't exactly know what that is but they say it'd help me get a job). However, I need to get through two interviews to get this. It's also fifteen weeks, Monday through Friday, 9AM-4PM (argh). However, it's free tuition for an otherwise costly class. I'm told they also give career help after you graduate but it still takes on average six more months to get a job. Do I want to spend ten more months unemployed . . . ?
And then again maybe I will end up doing none of the above. Whatever the case I would appreciate your prayers for trust in God and patience in His will on my part.
I would also like to ask for your prayers for my parents. My dad has been laid off since the end of June. He's been resting ever since complaining about dizziness in the head. After all these years of work, I'm glad he's getting a bit of rest. But he's been extremely cranky and hasn't gotten out of the house much. My mom's been taking care of him but I can see how it gets on her nerves when he complains. I ask that you guys pray for my dad's healing and continued patience on my mom's part.
I just realized I have written quite a bit. I think I'll quit now. But not before leaving something a bit more uplifting. Just a verse I found today that I like.
"Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan-P.S. Remember 9/11.
The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned."
Isaiah 9:1-2
Am praying for you! News from my end: The insanity continues. Not to be whiny, but sometimes I just want to shove my head in a cold vat of water and stay there. All I have to say is, there's a reason God rested on Sunday and intended for us to take a Sabbath. When you don't have it for an extended period of time, you start to think all kinds of weird things, including but not limited to:
ReplyDelete-What is the meaning of life?
-Just what am I doing with it??!
-Is there an end in sight?
-God, what are your intentions for me?
And...
-What's up with all the gajillion weddings??!
That is all.