
First off, I am in unison with Dave in thinking that this blog is a good idea and could provide a much-needed resource for all of us...as well as a way to keep in touch.
As some of you may know, in addition to my retail job and writing food articles, I am now working at the Purpose Driven Connection magazine, straight out of midtown. If the title sounds familiar, it's because its founder is Rick Warren, the author of the best-selling 2002 book, The Purpose Driven Life. So far, working here has been enjoyable because I get to talk to people about faith - a topic that rarely ever came up for discussion at my other internships (fashion magazine, anyone?).
As a reporter, I fact-check, call up sources to verify the veracity of quotes and even get to write some blurbs for the entertainment section. My editor and co-workers are a bunch of kind, easygoing people and make the (at times) tediousness of my tasks more bearable. Along the way, I research and review books.
Which is the point of this post.
Yes, I actually read the books I review for the magazine. And I thought some of them were so worthwhile that I just had to share them with you! Keep in mind that not all of them have been released yet (they're that new). Here's the line-up:
*Kingdom Without Borders: The Untold Story of Global Christianity, by Miriam Adeney
*Silent Savior: Daring to Believe He's Still There, by A.J. Gregory
*Faith Set Free: Pray For Yourself With Reckless Abandon, by Will Davis
*Your Own Jesus: A God Insistent on Making It Personal, by Mark Hall (of the Christian band, Casting Crowns)
I would write up summaries, but that would take up too much space. Also, the titles are pretty revealing enough. Anyway, if you're ever in need of new reading material - you know whom to see!
May the God of peace give you all that you need and provide the answers to what you're searching for...
I don't know where you are in your journey, but update us once in awhile! We'd love to hear from you.
No comments:
Post a Comment