Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Question About Asking The Question

Out of slight curiosity ladies, would you under any circumstances ever ask the man you were dating to marry you?

On the flip side guys (Austin and Kenny), would you be okay with your future girlfriends asking you to marry you?

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I would. For all my girl power chutzpah, it seems a bit out of line (or maybe I'm just revealing how tied to tradition and/or socio-cultural norms I am). It's one thing to ask a guy on a date...it's another to ask him to be your mate for life. Anyone want to disagree with me? What are your reasons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I wouldn't ask the guy to marry me...that's just...out of the ordinary...

    Would guys want girls to be the one to propose anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe there are good reasons for this tradition and/or socio-cultural norm.

    I think I speak for most guys when I say that we would like to be the ones to propose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if she had enough money, .... i would be up for anything
    i would wear a wedding dress for the right price

    my actual view on the whole thing is this ... the decision to get married should be pre-determined (the proposal is just offical confirmation)
    it's not something to take lightly (you are stuck with that person for life or until you get divorced or until the spouse dies jk)
    so whether the guy or the girl asks, it shouldn't matter

    i rather have a good marriage than a perfect proposal

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true, about the commitment thing. I was going to point that out earlier. No matter how it's done, marriage is no trivial decision. The 50%+ divorce rates should remind us of the sobering consequences of two people who did not consider (and pray, if applicable) this through.

    ReplyDelete