Saturday, October 10, 2009

walking through fire.

This is the third time since the beginning of our last semester that I feel like I'm walking through fire. And the thing that I keep praying is for God to take me out of it because it is a lonely place to be, painful, and just not where I want to be. But I was listening to the Desert Song today, and one of the verses really resonated with me: "This is my prayer in the fire, through weakness or trial or pain: there is a faith proved of more worth than gold, so refine me, Lord, through the flame." I can't say that this is my prayer right now, but I desperately want it to be.

On the upside though, I feel like I'm learning a lot about grace, much of which I still cannot put words to.

2 comments:

  1. Kristal, I hear you on that. And you know what the funny thing is? Desert Song was the first song we sang at worship when I came back to CCFC last weekend. It was also the song I requested Allison to play last year during my AACF "Coming Broken" talk. The lyrics really speak to a place where we want to be and are striving towards.

    All of which is to say - I am lifting you up in prayer! Be strong & courageous. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQruZ_oX-8

    ReplyDelete