I got a call this morning from TechMission offering me the Volunteer Internship Coordinator position. Different position with the same benefits from what I applied for but that really makes no difference to me as I'm just looking for work. However, I will probably still meet the same resistance from my parents.
I also went to an interview yesterday for the computer technician training program I posted about before. I'm supposed to hear back next week but I'm pretty certain I can get into the class. Before this morning (i.e. before the job offer), the plan was to get into the class and then forge a career in the IT field and see what happened.
So two roads . . . either of which I would gladly take. If I can't convince my parents that they would survive without me in NYC, the decision is made for me. There's also the issue of taking care of my parents financially which I wouldn't be able to do too well on what I earned with the TechMission job. They aren't sunk without my financial help but I think it's very important for me to give just that.
However, I just want to work. No more slacking off and doing not much of anything. Moving back to Boston is also an attractive idea.
So what do I do? No clue. Please pray that God would guide me in this decision and that I would trust him no matter what is decided. Also pray that the inevitable discussion I'll have with my parents will be full of peace and grace and love (things lacking in recent conversations with my parents).
Many thanks in advance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeletepraying.
ReplyDeleteps- congratulations! :) regardless of your decision.
ReplyDeleteWHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA jkjk
no wrong decisions here
we are all proud of you and are here for encouragement and support! :-)