Meaning, purpose, belonging, love...all of which can't happen without a closer relationship with God. Working on that!
As Rev. Tim Keller once said in a sermon - "All of our problems come from our disordered loves." If you don't have your priorities straight - and your ways of dealing with people are dysfunctional and not borne out of genuine kindness and goodwill towards others - well, can you really expect to get very far?
this question threw me into an interesting questioning process that prompted me to step out of the busyness and really try to evaluate... so thanks for that. It made me think about what I'm really, really passionate about and whether I am living out that passion or not. I was kind of discouraged at the beginning of it because I feel like I'm just so far away from it, but lately God has been showing me the ways that I am living it out in the small things of daily life and in my relationships.
ergh, sorry for the vagueness. Still trying to formulate it all into words, I think.
Meaning, purpose, belonging, love...all of which can't happen without a closer relationship with God. Working on that!
ReplyDeleteAs Rev. Tim Keller once said in a sermon - "All of our problems come from our disordered loves." If you don't have your priorities straight - and your ways of dealing with people are dysfunctional and not borne out of genuine kindness and goodwill towards others - well, can you really expect to get very far?
this question threw me into an interesting questioning process that prompted me to step out of the busyness and really try to evaluate... so thanks for that. It made me think about what I'm really, really passionate about and whether I am living out that passion or not. I was kind of discouraged at the beginning of it because I feel like I'm just so far away from it, but lately God has been showing me the ways that I am living it out in the small things of daily life and in my relationships.
ReplyDeleteergh, sorry for the vagueness. Still trying to formulate it all into words, I think.