What does it mean to commit our spirits to the Lord? Our spirit is the part of us that touches our deepest desires and dreams. It is the repository for our greatest passions and hopes for our lives. As He hung on the cross, Jesus was saying, 'Father, I commit to You the things I treasured the most. I surrender to Your hand what I have lived for and believed in.' I believe Jesus was declaring the secret of how He lived His entire earthly life. At the end of His life He knew this spiritual principle would again prove reliable and true. God was His source, and God is our source. Committing our spirits to him means asking the Father to take care of those things that matter most to our hearts. It is recognizing that we can't make God's promises come to pass in our own strength.
In Psalm 31:4, the verse before 'Into Your Hand...,' David said, 'Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid out for me.' The net can represent many things to us, like spiritual, physical, financial, or relational quagmires. In Jesus' experience, the net was His bearing the sin of the world before his exaltation...In our own times of trouble and personal injustice, the Lord is looking for that same cry to come forth from our hearts. Beloved, in our difficult seasons of life, we must commit our deepest passions and prophetic promises to God. God is calling us to this place of dependence. He is beckoning us to depend on Him with every hope for breakthrough, every need for provision, every dream of success. We must surrender our deepest desires to God's keeping. We are utterly unable to bring our prophetic promises to pass. Only He can change the times and seasons and bring the breakthrough we long for.
When you commit something into God's hands, the devil cannot steal it.
No comments:
Post a Comment