Thursday, February 11, 2010

Christian and Not

When you look at American Christians and American who are not Christian, is there any difference?

When you look at your Christian friends and your friends who are not Christian, do you see any differences?

When you look at yourself and another someone who is not Christian, is there any difference?

Now for all of these previous questions, shouldn't the differences be greater?

2 comments:

  1. Qualify "difference"...but yes, I'm going to have to agree with the last question. :hangs head:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the Christian is indwelt by the Holy Spirit, our lives should be remarkably different from the lives of those who are not Christian. So I guess when I say different, I mean remarkably different. Makes sense if we think about God being in us right?

    But for Western Christianity, our friends, and ourselves, this just doesn't seem to be the case most of the time.

    Hey, I'm not going to kid myself (or anyone else for that matter) - I'll be first to admit that evidence of the Spirit's work in my life isn't as prominent as it should be.

    I just think it should more of a pressing concern in our lives. For us, does it matter that the Spirit is more in the background of our lives than in the foreground?

    ReplyDelete