Saturday, January 16, 2010

Various things along the vein of an update on life

Happy belated new year to ya'll. Halfway into the first month of January seemed like a good time for a life update.

I started an IT class in December (a week before Christmas). The hardest thing about that was relearning how to wake up at 6:30AM Mon-Fri. The class so far has been about career development stuff, i.e. resumes, cover letters, interview skills, job search techniques, etc. If any of you ever need tips on how to get a job come find me. They gave me lots of useful information (handouts). IT stuff starts next week after the three-day weekend (Thank God for three-day weekends!) so I'm excited about that.

I've also been getting a bit more involved in my college fellowship at church. We'll be starting prayer groups soon. Hopefully, we can use these to grow in our relationships with God and each other. I've also been asked to lead a discussion/study on the misconceptions/foundations of Christianity as a precursor to a series on the hard questions of Christianity. Please pray for my fellowship and these discussions/studies as we are not the most vocal of people (i.e. bible studies can be silent, awkward affairs at times).

I've also decided to meet with my pastor about getting baptized. I've been thinking about it throughout college. The only thing that's stopped me is how my parents would react - their impression of the church and my involvement is not favorable. Originally, I thought I'd wait until moving out before getting baptized. However, I knew this was procrastination. I'm pretty sure God would want me baptized sooner rather than later regardless of anything else in my life. Pray that the conversation I'd have with my parents when I talk about this will not erupt into argument but be grace-filled.

I think I want to pursue a career in IT. Hence, the IT class. Technology interests me and I'm not too shabby at working with it. Plus, there are definitely jobs in the IT field and there will be for a long time to come. Pray with me that God will guide me as I embark on this path.

That be all. Would love to hear from some of you some time.

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying. Sounds like there's a lot on your plate these days, but I'm glad you're pursuing a path you're interested in. Definitely agree on the baptism thing. After all, the reasons to do so outweigh the reasons not to, no?

    ReplyDelete