Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One year older, One year ... wiser?

End of the year is always an interesting time of reflection...

I guess the first half (as is the case with most of us) involved finishing a final semester of BU. Highlights (and literal HIGHS) included building relationships with a lot of the underclassmen, INjustice event (which seems SO long ago), KRUP spring break, and struggling with God through all of that by trying to find my place in the world.

I think that at the end of the school year I left Boston with a lot of bitterness in my heart towards God -- the fact that I either had a choice to choose medical school or something else rather than any strong direction either way really bothered me. The summer time was supposed to be my time to reconcile my relationship with God over that, but it never really happened. I just remained in bitterness.

Starting medical school was somewhat rough. I always get really nervous and uneasy about meeting new people and med school was no exception. Having an amazing roommate made the transition easier... but it definitely took a few weeks (if not months) to settle into a new school.

But after completing a full semester of medical school... I feel like I have found my place in so many ways. And at this point there's nothing for me to do but thank God and praise him that He didn't tell me to be staff. There are times where medical school is tiring (i.e. 5AM study sessions cramming whatever biochemistry that I didn't learn into my head) but I'm enjoying it so much. And now I have no doubt in my mind that I am where I am meant to be -- which is unbelievable.

So what now? I think I always take time to transition whenever I go to a new place. It took me a whole semester to actually be involved in AACF my freshmen year at BU. So now (this break) is really a time to sit down with God -- for me to actually reconcile all the frustrations that I had and seek out forgiveness and freedom from that.

So that's the current update :).

No comments:

Post a Comment