Saturday, November 21, 2009

haikus of life lately.

I've been trying to write an update on life lately but words to describe just fail me, and plus it would have been an awful lot of complaining (if that's the right word?). So I decided to write some haikus.


"Life is a Battlefield"
I'm weary of the
battle--when will the darkness
give way to the light?

"2 Corinthians 4:7-9"
Jar of clay, shattered.
Somehow, by Your pow'r, You hold
it all together.

"Two Sides (Philippians 1:20-24)"
Daily I wonder
if today is the day that
I will return home.

Then I remember
A world who does not know love.
And so I press on.

"Voices"
Where are you, Voice of
Truth? All I hear is I can't
walk on water.

"A Standing Prayer"
Stand upon Your word
Learn to walk by faith, not sight--
is my prayer always.

"The Days of the Week"
Each day is so long--
I often lack the strength to
be victorious.

"Yet, Somehow (Psalm 73:26)"
Though my health may fail,
and my spirit may grow weak,
You are my heart's strength.

"Mark 8:34-38"
You show me the cross,
how You took it up for me,
Lover of my soul.

You show me my cross
And I take it up for Your
sake, Jesus, my Lord.

It's all for you--to
You be the glory. May I
become smaller yet.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to comment on one of the ones I liked.

    Then I realized I liked all of them.

    Poetry in life and life in poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shattered, but it's nothing He can't repair...

    ReplyDelete