So last time I updated, I think I wrote that I had a choice between taking a job in Boston and staying in NYC for a IT class. Well, I decided to stay in NYC to take the class. My aim in getting any job now would be to take care of both my parents and myself. Unfortunately, the TechMission job would've been enough only for me.
I originally thought that the class would start in early November. However, I called them last week and they said there are about a hundred people ahead of me waiting for a spot in the class. It seems I have a long while to wait. Which sucks. Because I feel like I've been waiting for the past five months and now God is saying to wait some more. It's terribly frustrating to just wait without knowing what you're waiting for or when the waiting ends. But it's worse because I'm waiting at home.
Home wouldn't be a problem if my parents weren't there 24/7. And it's not even that they're arguing with me but with each other. Picture constant nagging, arguing, complaining, etc., etc. and you've got what I listen to day after day after day. It is hard to show grace and love in an environment like this and it's been getting to me for the past few months.
Thankfully it's not all bad here. I'm slowly getting to know my church community, especially the college fellowship. I'm only realizing now what a gift AACF was back at BU. The constant community is probably the thing I miss most about college.
Also I'm supposed to get a drug test soon for a part time job at Rite Aid. So maybe I'll be employed soon . . . if I pass the drug test :-).
Anyhow, I do ask you guys to pray for me. But I will leave it to God to tell you how. I'm not so sure I know exactly what I need at the moment anyhow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss community the most.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the bickering. I get to deal with it at work on a regular basis. Welcome to the real world. Why am I customer service again? Oh, that's right - so God can stretch my patience and refine my character...and find other ways to love people. Especially the unlovable.
Now go pass that drug test!
^ iunno if he will pass Sarah
ReplyDeleteDavid is quite the druggie