Thursday, September 2, 2010

being swallowed up by a whale might not be that icky

I'm chatting on gchat with David right now and thinking about Jonah and the whale... and how Jonah was at the lowest of lows and pretty much at the bottom of the ocean when God's grace came in the form of a whale, swallowed him up and "brought my life up from the pit" (2:6). This summer feels like I've been swimming underwater for a very very long time... now it's time to come back up but it's just so daunting and part of me wants to just stay underwater even though I'm sorta running out of air. Maybe God will send a whale to swallow me up and vomit me back on land (metaphorically speaking, of course) so I can continue to carry out the mission that He has entrusted me with (well, that He has entrusted all of us with).

ummm... maybe it's too metaphorical and convoluted to make any sense. I guess if I had to make one overarching statement it's that, for me, the post-undergrad transition just keeps getting harder over time, and I find myself becoming more and more introverted (I'm 100% I now, probably more. SCARY). But, I think one of my goals this year, among other things, is to become more extroverted. I just have no idea how to get there.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! As for me, I think I've definitely become more introverted as time goes by...

    ReplyDelete