The other day I was sitting outside and eating my lunch while simultaneously doing my reading for class, and I inadvertently dropped a whole Dorito chip on the ground. The next thing I knew the ground was littered with hundreds of tiny little ants--yuck! but then I felt like God was saying that this is what the Church is supposed to look like. Not look like ants literally... but there were so many of them under the chip and on the sides that they were able to move it into the grass! I was amazed that they were able to do such a thing without even talking to each other--and yet we as humans, having the gift of speech, still have such issues communicating! But anyway, I was also thinking about their unity in task. And the same goes for us. If we are to carry out the Great Commission, if we are to bring the Kingdom here, if we are to bring love and grace to a world that doesn't know it, two of us who are really excited cannot do it on our own. We have to be unified in the goal and as the body of Christ, together seek to move that Dorito chip. Maybe that's why Jesus was praying for unity for us in John 17.
ummm, just random thoughts, feel free to refute or comment. or not.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree. God wants us to be united in Himself in complete harmony. It is just so sad how ever since the beginning of its history, the church has been fragmented into so many different groups which have been anything but unified.
ReplyDeleteSince God chooses to work through us, I think lack of unity of His people is one of the reasons of the seeming lack of presence of God in parts of the world.
All the more reason to pray for it.
it was sooo crazy because I went home this weekend and the message was about unity!!
ReplyDelete