It's that time again. You know that time when you get lazy and try not to do any meaningful work for the day so you decide to post on whatever blogs you have. Yeah, that time.
So I was let go from Rite Aid due to budget cuts or whatever. But, I was quite happy when it happened. I think that means it's safe to say I'm not cut out for retail and will not be pursuing such a course for my life unless all other roads are blocked. God-willing that will never be.
I finished my IT class around two weeks ago so I am once again on the job hunt. Not that all I do is sit around and look for jobs all day online. I have an internship Thursdays and Fridays with my IT school's computer warehouse. It's paid but for so little that the only reason I'm doing it is for the experience that I lack at the moment.
I also started driving lessons last week. Pedestrians beware! (Though my instructor doesn't let me drive above 30 so really everyone should be safe.) I've already taken the five hour course NYers have to take to take a road test (it was three hours for me). Turns are more complex than I thought they'd be but hopefully with time I will improve. Which means I need to find a friend with a vehicle who doesn't mind being possibly scared out of their wits in the passenger seat. Hopefully that friend exists somewhere in NYC.
Again at a point in my life where I'm asking, "Now what?" Or to be more precise, "Now exactly what should I be doing with myself?" Sure I want to go into IT but where and what direction do I want to take in IT? More importantly, how can I use what I have and will learn in IT to serve God? In fact, how can I take what I have learned past, present, and future and use it to serve God?
One of the things I've been thinking about is how we live our lives. Here's a common path that we want or are expected to take (at least in America): education (preferably at least up to college), well-paying career, marriage, moderate-size family (depending on preference), retirement. Maybe not in that order but I'm sure that's a familiar path to all of us. But is that it? Not that those things are easy goals to achieve. Many people will never accomplish one or more of those goals. I guess I should rephrase the question to something more along the lines of "Is that all there is to life?"
I hope and think that God has more in store for us than that. Lives filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit. Lives, minds, hearts, souls being renewed and transformed every now and then (if not every day) by God. These same lives, minds, hearts, and souls serving to draw others into the body of Christ.
Jesus once said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." Greater things. I don't know about you guys but I have a tough time doing what Jesus did let alone greater things. And I'm not talking about the miracles of his ministry but the love, grace, mercy, strength, and courage that were so much a part of Jesus. The reliance and utter dependence upon God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
Just food for thought.
On a slightly lighter note, if any of you guys or your friends ever have computer/laptop problems, I'm the man for the job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There is definitely more to life than this...and we're all on that journey learning together what that could possibly mean, in the spiritual sense.
ReplyDeleteI'm still chugging along in retail, much to my chagrin. =\ But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I've never been so excited to start classes in my life. Three more weeks!
Peace be with you all.